Ike and Mike yesteryear Ike and Mike yesteryear

I liked this.

The humor was pretty good, but on the technical side, as the others have said, the audio leveling could've been better.

There were areas where the volume of the voice overs would kind of mesh with the background music, making it hard to make out what they were saying.

However, all things considered, it turned out pretty good. Keep it up.

AuntyBarbra responds:

thanks, I've been improving my audio level since I have started getting reviews on this app. In fact, my latest submission has some improved audio.

Pokemon Flash Version 1 Pokemon Flash Version 1

This was pretty funny...

But the sexual humor was kinda stale and tactless. The way those punchlines came out, I expected one of the characters to wink at the camera or shrug their shoulders, it was so cut and dry.

anunfittingname responds:

Im British. We have a weird sarcastic kind of humor. Thats why Flash comes across a bit depressed because everyone around him is a f**king idiot.

Africa Dudes Africa Dudes

Chluaid...

I was not expecting this from him. All in all, this was hilarious.

A Shimmer in the Murk A Shimmer in the Murk

It's good to hear from you again, just came across this while listening through your older music.

You've always had this fantastic way of weaving distorted, disorganized patterns of percussion together that I admire, and it's no less prominent here. Grouping the drums with the faint chiptunes sounds and that Rhodes organ creates this very heavy, almost oppressive atmosphere of gloom (for me, at least).

I've just made it to your guitar portion. I like how it doesn't overstay its welcome, ducking out when the organ comes back in. Every new instrument you introduce to a composition has its place, and it never feels under-or-over-utilized.

Just hit 5 minutes. Much less going on here, taking a more minimalistic approach and relying more on the reverb from your synths to keep the song moving forward before reincorporating every instrument again in a wall of sound.

But then it just ends! That threw me off for a bit! That was 7 minutes long, but you keep the whole thing moving along so smoothly and with so many new variations on the central theme that it doesn't seem like it's gone on that long. This was a great listen, I'm glad you're still making tunes, man.

Lapse responds:

Yoyo, Retro. Good to hear from you! Thanks for the really kind words, man. Highly appreciated!

If you hit up my Soundcloud, there's a follow up track called "Lure" that this song transitions into, that's why it cuts a bit abruptly, ah-hah. I'll throw a link in the description.

FD - The World You See FD - The World You See

Holy crap, this is really heavy. It carries this despondent, hopeless tone throughout, and in a way I haven't quite heard before.

And I can't give enough praise to the way you chose to bring in the piano. The harsh cut was a very nice decision, considering the rest of the song.

ForgottenDawn responds:

Thank you :) The game that uses this as a soundtrack has some pretty heavy themes going on, so I tried to reflect that in the music. Pretty post-apocalyptic/dystopian.

Star Systems Star Systems

This is a really nice sounding track. It flows from one part to the next smoothly and has a really good amount of variation to it. For being only three and a half minutes long, so much happens in it.

And, most importantly, you went and really hit the nail on the head when it came to emulating the style and sound of the 16-bit era of gaming. Great job on making such an era-appropriate track.

DanJohansen responds:

Thanks for the awesome review Retroman! Glad you approve of the era I was going for.
I recently got Tales of Hearts R and I've almost reached the ending of it, and it's at times equally retro in the music as the 16/32 bit era. Pure classic styled JRPG with a great battle system and a WORLD MAP. So rare to get that these days.

Anyways, sorry for going off topic XD Thanks again!